If you are like many United States residents, then you suffer from back pain on a fairly regular basis. A lot of us simply accept our back pain as a way of life, and we have stopped trying to find ways to relieve the pain. Does this sound okay to you? It does not to me. I want to live each day to the fullest and not have to limit my activity because of back pain. I want to wake up feeling well-rested and happy instead of in pain and cranky! This is why I went to see Maryland ProHealth Chiropractors to discuss my back pain, look for the cause, and develop a plan for treating the pain. While there are numerous potential causes for back pains and a plethora of things to do to try to relieve your back pain, chiropractors in Rockville told me five of the big things that I should definitely be doing each day to improve my back pain.
Tips to Improve Back Pain
1. Stretch daily: My chiropractor told me that I should be sure to stretch out my back daily. He said I could do this using some yoga techniques, using a foam roller to aid me, or even with help from a physical therapist. For me, I have chosen to use a combination of yoga stretches and foam rolling exercises.
2. Exercise regularly: When we sit around all day, we are not allowing our back to use its range of motion on a regular basis. Getting proper exercise ensures that our muscles are staying in shape, we are moving our back, and we are keeping a healthy weight, which also helps reduce back pain.
3. Work on improving your posture: Most people in the United States do not have proper posture. A lot of us actually spend almost eight full hours hunched up in front of our computer screens. Does that sound healthy to you? This is a big cause of back pain for people who work office jobs. It can also result in neck and shoulder pain too.
4. Find a way to destress at the end of the night: A lot of us build up stress in our backs, necks, and shoulders throughout the day. Finding a way to relax, whether its meditating, doing yoga, or going for a run, is important if you want to relieve muscle tension.
5. Sit and sleep on appropriate furniture: The number of people who suffer from back pain because of bad mattresses or bad chairs is ridiculous. We spend so much money on these pieces of furniture, so it is important to make sure that we buy the proper furniture.
There are a lot of other things that you can do to ensure that you are reducing back pain as much as possible, but these are five great (and fairly easy) ways to get started today!